READ BEFORE REGISTERING

Highly recommended reading for new users.
baph

READ BEFORE REGISTERING

Post by baph »

I. Registering

Username. Unless you are a content creator, create an all new username, just for DT. Never use it again anywhere else. A specific recommendation is to use a pre-existing term, phrase, title, or name that isn't likely to pull up anything specific on Google.

Email. Do not use a temporary email address or a vulgar email address. Both will result in your request for an account here being automatically denied. It is strongly recommended when creating an account here that you create an address at cock.li, exclusively for DT, using either the airmail.cc or firemail.cc domains (just throw on a good ad blocker, first -- note that the Brave browser comes with adblock built in, among so many other useful features). Keep in mind that cock.li does not reset or restore passwords, ever, for any reason. I strongly advise you don't use Gmail.

Password. Use a new one. Never use it on another site. Make it long, nonsensical, yet memorable. Emphasis on memorable.

II. Etiquette

Anonymity. Unless you are a content creator, distance your DT presence from other personas as much as possible. Do not overshare details about your offline life. Do not allude to or link to accounts on other websites, particularly.

Facebook. Never, EVER link to Facebook, for any reason, under any circumstances, as the link can very easily be used to discover your Facebook account.

Pictures. Do not share photos you took using a phone's camera without first stripping the EXIF (GPS) data, as it can be used to pinpoint the exact geographical location said picture was taken at. Do not upload images downloaded from Facebook without first changing the file name, as it contains a token that leads back to your Facebook account.

Private Browsing. Use it, it's less explaining to the wife. :P

III. IP

Google records every time you come here using their service and it's only a matter of time before white knights notice us. I don't doubt the capabilities of Jewels and Nuke for even a second, but leaks by hackers are unfortunately a part of running any web service. I highly recommend that you use a trustworthy and reputable (read: not free, HQ not located in one of the 14 Eyes) IP masking service at all times when viewing this website. The best option that fits that description on the market right now appears to be ExpressVPN.
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people, but that I don't like them?"
jewels76
Site Admin

Re: READ BEFORE REGISTERING

Post by jewels76 »

Awesome tips - Thank you Baph.