Update February 15th

jewels76
Site Admin

Update February 15th

Post by jewels76 »

Hi Everyone - I've had a few suggestions to add to the supported file types for media. I'm adding support for the embedded videos and recent ask for audio files. I'm looking at the various types and picking the best for the site.
I plan to have more discussion on this as we get close to beta.
Storage issue has bugged me for awhile. Cloud storage can be pricey, and this is where it will benefit members to become Premium members. Nuke and I are continuing to assemble the benefits and cost of Premium membership.
And yes, before folks grab the pitch forks and hot oil... oh wait that sounds fun. Sorry, I digress.
A non-premium (Free) member will have the ability to perform all the basic functionality on the site. This includes participating in any of the forums, adding new members, uploading and sharing media, etc.
Some of the thoughts for premium membership including increased storage, creation of Islands, storefronts, sharing content publicly, among some other features.
The back-end feature set is nearly complete, and working hard to get the front end pieces together.
I need to admit, the front end is my Achilles' heel. I'm going the quicker route of using bootstrap, to help get this complete and ready for beta.
As always, I'm here for any questions or suggestions. J
Nuke Jr
Site Admin

Re: Update February 15th

Post by Nuke Jr »

Just a quick note on status Disturbees,

CC has her hands full working from home as she is close to the first unfortunate casualties in this beer war. In spite of this, she is still making progress. Testing, stressing the system, possibly stressing herself.

I am happy that the PHP has grown and we are rapidly closing in on 1,000 members far sooner than we anticipated but we are prepped for larger so no worries and the new site will be scalable.

I have been somewhat invisible but I assure you I have been here. Monitoring, tweaking (not tweaking via drugs, tweaking the site), etc. If you have questions, concerns, or just to chat, I am still available and will respond as soon as reasonably possible.

I have been less forgiving on SPAM and unauthorized posts. I was already strict but since my time is much more valuable (will explain in a sec) there will be:

1. no more warnings. Instant and permanent ban on unauthorized off-topic ads, spam, links, etc. This means the post is gone; the member is gone, and it will be done as soon as discovered. If I miss one, report it to me or any of our excellent mods.

2. deletions of any applications for membership if I even SUSPECT that it is a bot, spammer, etc. So if you have applied and never been approved, this is why (of course you can't read this here on PHP and why it will be posted on Discord). I, or one of the Mods, scrutinize each and every application. There are no automatic approvals. Yes, this are the lengths we go to ensure we don't have BS Spam.

So you understand, my part-time gig has turned into a full-time mission-essential gig, in other words, expendable. Dang that sounded dark. I actually volunteered and have my own positive agenda within the foray. Things will get back to normal eventually and I hope everyone will be healthier and in better financial and mental standing at the end of this beer war.

As already mentioned this post will be cut and pasted into the Discord.

Nuke
It is I. C'est Moi.